Monday, September 23, 2013

Making An Impact...


Below is part of a letter written by someone who stayed in the Genesis Room at Mary's Place Boarding House...

A recent tenant writes, “I was homeless staying in a laundromat on a bathroom floor and was struggling.  Now I’m getting a chance at a better life.”  This tenant was able to secure a job in the Chicago area while staying at Mary’s Place.  The letter continues, “I really appreciate the train ticket and giving me a ride to Milwaukee.  You went above and beyond to help me.  I really appreciate this.” … “I wanna (sic) thank you guys for being a better family then (sic) my actual family.  You guys are great. Thanks.”

The Genesis Room at Mary's Place Boarding House (funded by Marshfield Area United Way) houses homeless, unemployed individuals while they search for employment. Individuals can stay in the Genesis room for free for up to six weeks.

No comments: